Tuesday 11 August 2009

I cant believe it

Its my first of many blogs I hope, I am currently at work and I cannot seem to get out of my head a program I watched last night Monday 10th August on TV.

It was about young girls growing up in rochdale following their lives for around about 18 months, I felt for these girls truly as life id pretty hard for them, two of them fell pregnant and neither of them were yet 17 let alone 18.

One of the two girls had 2 children one of about a year and a new born and the other girl who had been adamant that she wasn't going to fall pregnant did in the end.

What this program potraid is that it really can be from there upbringing, it was like these girls had no respect for themselves or there elders with there attitude. I cannot blame these girls for the way they were as there parents allowed them to be this way.

I am 32 years of age and as I have got older it just seems that the manners that I was taught as a young child both by my mother who was is a single parent and in school is no longer taught. It is acceptable to speak with an attitude and the I don't give a Shit demeanor about you.

Where do we draw the line, the attitude comes from home and from there peers, its school holidays now and for many young people there is nothing to do or no where to go which has very often been the case, so they find ways of entertaining each other.

I really believe that the government should be investing time and money into these young people instead of outsiders as these are the future of tomorrow.

They wonder why knife crime is at an ultimate high and drugs, its a way of surviving and building reputations and respect from there peers.

I had a place I could go to in West Ealing, it was a Social Club For Young People and it taught me respect, self confidence and helped me get to be the person I am today and most importantly it kept me off drink,drugs and off the street.

It is not to late, some of the young adults growing up can be helped so fund them.

There you go that is my rant for the day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment