Tuesday 25 August 2009

Memories of Cornwall

My mum moved to Illogen a small village in Cornwall England about 3 years ago form Acton West London, I did not go with her I was a London girl and in a relationship, I guess I was apprehensive about her move as she had been ill.

Since then I have grown to love it there, its so friendly and calm people say good morning and afternoon to you no matter what age they are, which for a London girl is refreshing as as I have grown up London has become less friendly as time goes by, I went East Acton recently where I grew up and lived there for most of my life and spent my childhood. Gone is the once friendly place I new and loved, I felt like a stranger in an area I once knew everyone. I guess people move on.

I went to Cornwall last week and I had such a great time it was just for a weekend just to get out of London was great.

I have never really took notice of the beauty of the English country side however during this trip I opened my eyes to it.

The beautiful Green Fields so natural and untouched the animals without a care in the world life is so uncomplicated for them.

As I walked down to beach on a 3 mile journey it took about 30 minutes my sister and I walked down this long desalinate road which seemed never ending all that stood on either side of us was fields, not sure if we were going the right way praying that we would find someone who could point us or just confirm we were going the right way eventually we came across what looked like a farm and a lady was walking her dog.

There is human life form after all I laughed to my sister in jest, the kind lady assured we were on the right direction and showed us the correct way, we went down the path and through the corn fields on either side of this path, then we came to some chalets and yes through some more fields.

It was just after this I felt a sudden beauty and peace through me as we then turned in some woods which was up hill surrounded by trees and the birds singing in the trees and wild colourful flowers around, I looked down and there was a stream running through it. It felt so tranquil and peaceful, the ducks paddling along the water and It seemed untouched I had to take a photo and cherish the memory.

We carried on walking through this beautiful woodland and eventually came to a street we could here music in the distance eventually we came to the beach beautiful blue sea oh I do love Cornwall.

So now as I look back the girl from east Acton and all the apprehension I had of my mum going to live in Cornwall I am so happy as I can experience this untouched place time and time again with the summer breeze, i cant wait to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment